The Nationalists used the telegraph and radio to communicate personal messages which was shared and became the content of public news in contrast to what is happening today with the web sharing portals.Looking at the dissolving boundary between the personal and publicly shared.
Start thinking of final form
Create a more detailed timeline
Could audit a couple of classes Jyothsna is taking for the Foundation studies on Middle class identities
The Great Indian Middle Class - Pawan Verma
The craft of research
The continuum viva texts
William Burroughs :Writing
The Naked Lunch
Straight Eight : Film by Ayisha
To come up with and share research questions/directions by the 19th of July Deliverables for next review:
Create Research collation document Next review 29th July
- An interactive screen where users can dial a 5-digit number to create interactive stories. (These stories stem out of the research and insights)
- Pre-recorded messages; Answering machines that throw up pre recorded messages, the messages would build up to a narrative.
- 3d renders for final form of installation created. Forms emerging from previously illustrated visuals.
- Consider the use of STDs/PCOs in the 1980s and 1990s and how that has changed.
- Check how the research feeds into the final output and to document that – even if there is not direct correlation between the two, there needs to be some documentation of how the research led to the final outcome.
- Go through the diploma project guidelines and grading rubric again to check if you’re on track.
- Collate research and make document for future refrencing.
- Pull out and collate all the stories and insights from research.
- Relook photographs and audio/video and see what can be used as material for final outcome.
- Research collated and shared on blog.
- Stories listed and categorized by themes.
- Five interactive sound pieces created on flash for final sequence.
- It does not have to be a database/archive of all the stories. A few stories can be chosen and expressed in the final form.
- Create as much as possible, increase bandwidth, more variety in terms of form, style. Will give more options when I need to choose later
- Simultaneously think of structure and underlying thread that holds all these pieces together.
- What exactly are you triggering? Nostalgia?
- Incorporate the dark side as well. Harassment, inconveniences etc
- Relook the pop artists.
- Could also look at its representation in popular culture for juxtaposition (e.g. Bollywood)
- Elements of the phone booth
- Could possibly create the Indian middle class household in the exhibition space itself